Enter your email to get instant access
We respect your email privacy
Used by over 30,000 organizations worldwide!
This informative one-pager outlines the key principles of effective change leadership. An invaluable resource for managers and team leaders wanting to build their change management awareness and skill levels.
Use it to promote a better understanding of:
- the reasons organizations change
- how individuals differ in their responses to change
- the importance of communicating the need to change
- how to prompt action, not despair
- how to cultivate change resilience
Other language versions
English | Simple Guide to Change Management
English | Simple Guide to Change Management for Not-for-profits
Arabic | دليل مبسط لإدارة التغيـيـر
Dutch | Een eenvoudige leidraad voor CHANGE MANAGEMENT
French | Un guide simple pour le MANAGEMENT DU CHANGEMENT
German | Change Management – Eine Einfache Einführung
Hebrew | מדריך פשוט לניהול שינוי אירגוני
Italian | Guida facilitata al CHANGE MANAGEMENT
Polish | Prosty przewodnik ZARZĄDZANIA ZMIANĄ
Portuguese | Um guia simples para GESTAO DE MUDANCAS
Russian | Краткий гид по Change Management
Slovak | Jednoduchá príručka RIADENIA ZMENY
Spanish | Una guía sencilla para la Gestión del Cambio
Swedish | En enkel guide till Förändringsledning
Also a useful resource for:
- HR professionals seeking resources to provide within their organizations
- Learning and development teams to use as a learning tool during change management training programs
- Change sponsors that want to ensure they are acting in a manner that supports the success of change initiatives that they have instigated and delegated
- Executive coaches to equip their coachees with quick and simple to follow playbook for introducing new initiatives in their workplaces
- People undergoing organizational changes who can better understand their own responses to changes within their roles and also better understand the pressures that organizations face that push them to undertake change programs
How to make the most of it:
- Share it with colleagues who are undergoing organizational change (or are about to)
- Print it, laminate it and place it on your organization’s wall to remind managers (and others) of the need to manage emotions during change
- Use it as a handout for your change management program, course or training session
A Simple Guide to Change Management
- Organizations must continually adapt due to shifting market conditions, customer demands, technologies, input costs, shareholder expectations and competition.
- They must adapt to these shifts in the environment or risk becoming irrelevant, uncompetitive or eaten up.
- The challenge for organizations is to help their people move from alarm to action without falling into despair or cynicism.
- Four typical responses to change are the critic who vocally opposes the change, the victim who panics, the bystander who avoids getting involved and the change navigator who is resilient and able to adapt to the new circumstances.
To create change navigators in your organization
- keep explaining why we are changing
- where possible, involve your team in decision making
- minimize uncertainty
- engage your legacy system & process experts early
- be as transparent as possible
- create learning opportunities for your team
- communicate the threat of not changing
- keep listening to your people’s concerns
- celebrate shifts towards the desired state
Sharing & copyright information
This resource is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License. It may be freely used and shared for commercial & non-commercial purposes provided it remains attributed to Better Business Learning Pty Ltd (trading as ‘Change Activation’), is not modified or displayed in part, and is not re-sold. For further information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.