MODULE 17 OF 18
Learning & Coaching as Change Enablers
Are change behaviors supported at the level of the individual?
This module explains how learning & training programs and organizational coaching (sometimes known as ‘mentoring’) are a vital part of helping individuals affected by change initiatives to adopt new behaviors, adapt to the shifting circumstances and remain engaged. The module shows how the journey that individuals undergo during a change initiative is sometimes conceptualized as a ‘change curve’, and how learning programs and coaching can assist those people to progress along the curve. Factors to consider when creating learning and coaching programs are also explored.
Every Change Activation Toolkit module features
This module will activate your organization to:
- This module can be used to help organization members understand what features of an organization interact to form the emerging property of its culture, and prompt them to recognize these varied features in their organization.
- To clarify the distinction between change initiatives that consider an organization’s culture and those that attempt to influence it.
- This module can be shown to senior leaders who are ambitious to promote cultural change within an organization, and to demonstrate the ongoing commitment and support required from those leaders to achieve sustained cultural change.
- This module gives a clear example of how a change team would alter their approach to a change initiative based on the cultural differences between two otherwise similar organizations.
- Members of multinational organizations can use the module to demonstrate the need to adapt and customize a change implementation plan to local conditions, due to national cultural differences.
- The module can act as a primer to a cultural inventorying assessment and thus demonstrate the need to understand the nature of the organization’s unique culture.
This module will empower your teams and individuals to:
- understand the importance of organizational coaching programs throughout change initiatives
- learn a coherent and popular model for structured coaching that can be employed both during change as well as during general management
- understand that informal and peer-based learning programs can be more effective than formal classroom-based learning programs
- learn techniques for fostering a spirit of collaborative learning
This module is ideal for use at this stage of change implementation:
Pre-implementation During Implementation Post-implementation
This module will boost engagement levels during the following change methodology stages:
Change Management Methodology Stage / phase AIM (Accelerated Implementation Methodology) Develop Reinforcement Strategy Kurt Lewin’s Three Stage Change Model Change: Involve people in the process
Refreeze: Provide support and training
Refreeze: Develop ways to sustain the change
Prosci Enterprise Change Management Model Implementation: Create change management plan Prosci Change Management Levers Coaching lever
Bridges Leading Transition Model for Change The Neutral Zone: Provide learning opportunities Beckhard and Harris Change Management Process Empowering others John Kotter Eight Step Model for Change Incorporating Changes into the Culture ADKAR Model for Change Management Ability The Change Leader’s Roadmap model Phase VIII – Celebrate and Integrate the New State Kubler Ross Change Curve Model Acceptance
LaMarsh Change Management Model Sustain the Change People Centered Implementation (PCI) Model Sustained Personal Performance Viral Change Roadmap Model Sustain General Electric Change Acceleration Process (CAP) Mobilizing Commitment
Making change last