MODULE 11 OF 18: CHANGE ACTIVATION TOOLKIT
Express ideas more powerfully.
This module explains that all people are natural storytellers, and how conveying information within a story is engaging, impactful and likely to result in positive change behaviors.
The module creatively demonstrates the structure that good stories follow and describes how all people involved in leading change initiatives can ‘mine’ their career experiences for stories that they can tell which promote positive change behaviors.
Each module features all these powerful resources:
This module will empower your teams and individuals to:
- become aware that information encapsulated within a narratives may be more memorable and impactful than information presented in a context-free manner
- recognize that all people tell stories and that this behavior can be harnessed during change initiatives to enhance the effectiveness of communications
- identify one’s own personal and/or career-based stories that can be mined and told during change initiatives in order to promote positive change behaviors
- understand that the stories that are told within an organization before, during and after a change initiative can offer deep insight into shifting attitudes and organizational culture
This module is ideal for use at this stage of change implementation:
Pre-implementation During Implementation Post-implementation
This module will activate your organization to:
- understand the usefulness of stories as an engaging communication technique that senior leaders, change leaders, managers and supervisors can use during change initiatives
- use the module as a primer for storytelling and story crafting workshops in order to remind participants of the structure of memorable, impactful stories
- prompt leaders to mine their experiences for relevant stories that they can tell their colleagues in order to promote positive change behaviors
- consider how stories can be improved in order to ensure that they account for the various different motivating drivers that listeners have – and speak to each of these driving factors
- recognize the importance of shared stories in organizational culture
- encourage individuals to tell the story of their team or broader organization, to promote the construction of the organization’s institutional memory
This module will boost engagement levels during the following change methodology stages:
Change Management Methodology Stage / phase AIM (Accelerated Implementation Methodology) Generate Sponsorship Kurt Lewin’s Three Stage Change Model Unfreeze: Create the need for change Prosci Enterprise Change Management Model Implementation: Create and present business case Prosci Change Management Levers Communications lever Bridges Leading Transition Model for Change Letting Go: Consider & encourage ‘endings’ Beckhard and Harris Change Management Process Creating vision and values
Communicating and engaging
John Kotter Eight Step Model for Change Communicating the Vision for Buy-in ADKAR Model for Change Management Desire The Change Leader’s Roadmap model Phase VII – Implement the Change Kubler Ross Change Curve Model Bargaining LaMarsh Change Management Model Implement the Change People Centered Implementation (PCI) Model Powerful Engagement Processes Viral Change Roadmap Model Engagement General Electric Change Acceleration Process (CAP) Mobilizing Commitment