What is Brand Strategy? video
Download and share this video that explains brand strategy in an engaging three minutes
Viewed over 40,000 times
Use this resource to promote an understanding of
- the reasons organizations create brands
- how brand equity is created
- the importance of carefully overseeing and influencing a brand
- how to cultivate goodwill
- Runtime: 3:00 mins
- Format: WMV file (high definition)
- File size: 72.6Mb
Sharing & copyright information
- ‘What is Brand Strategy?’ was created by Better Business Learning.
- It is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
- It can be freely used and shared for commercial & non-commercial purposes provided that it remains attributed to Better Business Learning, is not modified or displayed in part, and is not re-sold.
What is Brand Strategy?
What is ‘Brand Strategy’? Rewind. What is a ‘brand’? Is it your organization’s logo? Symbol? Name? Sign? Color combination? Slogan?
Yes! But a brand is also a promise, an experience, an association, a relationship, an image, a story, a guarantee, a rumour, a myth, a behaviour, a short-cut, a perception, an ideology, a feeling.
A brand is all these things. So what is brand strategy?
Brand strategy is generating and influencing brands intentionally, carefully, thoughtfully with a strategic perspective. How do you do brand strategy?
- Tip 1: engage everyone in your branding efforts – both inside and outside your organization
- Tip 2: be clear, consistent, and coherent
- Tip 3: listen to your people (take care of your household)
- Tip 4: make sure your messages reflect reality
- Tip 5: stay focussed
- Tip 6: Try to keep your brand’s promise
Who owns your brand? You do. But… it exists only in other people’s minds. (and you don’t own those). Brands are ephemeral and need to evolve. So you can’t always control your brand… though why would you want to? Remember… we accept the best brands warts and all. So… brand bravely!
©2014 Better Business Learning