- This tool encourages change sponsors to consider their own characteristics and how these influence the change environment; they are asked to reflect on seven sponsor characteristics: the primary sponsor, the mediator, the unblocker, the purse holder, the mediator, the planner, and the visionary
When to use?
- This assessment is ideally conducted at the beginning of a change project or whilst engaging sponsors to consider their responsibilities to the change project
- This tool may also encourage sponsors to improve the quality of their involvement and reminds senior leaders of the multi-faceted nature of their responsibilities regarding change initiatives
- It is a non-threatening assessment that guides them to be better contributors to the success of organization change projects
- This analysis is generally self-administered by sponsors and its results may be debriefed, but not necessarily be collected
- These results inform the stakeholder analysis as well as the sponsor management strategy being employed by those leading the change
Include in Module