Show this video to those people who are undergoing change to promote an understanding of:
- the various reasons organizations must make changes
- the various areas that changes are typically made upon
- how people can successfully navigate through changes
- Runtime: 3:05 mins
- Format: MP4 file
- File size: 200MB
How to Survive Change at Work
In our fast-paced and interconnected world, organizations face shifting:
- market conditions
- customer demands
- input costs
They must continually re-evaluate their strategies, tactics, business models.
Making changes to:
- processes & technologies
- organisational structures
- business activities
Organisations must make changes so they can survive and thrive.
But the problem with CHANGE, is that people who have been doing things a certain way for a long time don’t like to suddenly be told...
"YOU NEED TO DO YOUR JOB DIFFERENTLY!"
At it's very worst, CHANGE is accompanied by UNCERTAINTY, FEAR, ANXIETY, INACTION, RESISTANCE.
Thankfully, there are positive ways to NAVIGATE change!
If change is occurring in your organization…
- Keep an open mind about why things need to change
- Consider the impact of your organization failing to adapt
- Stay nimble - don’t be afraid to learn new skills
- Be mindful - getting comfortable with new ways of working may take time
- When problems occur… …notify managers so they can be resolved
- Help your colleagues adapt to the changes
- Celebrate your personal progress along the journey
And finally, remember that change is less scary when you’re an ACTIVE part of it.
Sharing & copyright information
This resource is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License. It may be freely used and shared for commercial & non-commercial purposes provided it remains attributed to Better Business Learning Pty Ltd (trading as ‘Change Activation’), is not modified or displayed in part, and is not re-sold. For further information contact email@example.com.