Change Management Explained in 1 Minute video
Download the video viewed over 250,000 times
We respect your email privacy
Use this video to promote an understanding of:
- the main reasons organizations change
- how individuals differ in their responses to change
- the importance of carefully communicating the need to change
- how to prompt focused action in your team-members rather than despair or panic
- how to cultivate change resilience in your organization
- Runtime: 1:26 mins
- Format: MP4 video file
- File size: 12Mb
Change Management Explained in 1 Minute
Modern organizations face constantly varying market conditions, customer demands, technologies, input costs and competition. They must adapt to these shifting forces to avoid being eaten up. Change management is managing the impact that these crucial adaptations can have on an organization’s people.
Four typical responses to change are:
- the critic who opposes the change
- the victim who panics
- the bystander who ignores the change
- the navigator who is empowered to work with the changing circumstances.
The challenge for managers is to help people become navigators. Here’s some things we know that help this happen:
- Communicate the threat of NOT changing
- Where possible, involve your team in decision making
- Minimise uncertainty
- Celebrate successes in moving towards the goal
- Keep explaining the reasons why we’re changing
Remember, when there is an information vacuum, people often assume that managers are plotting terrible things, so… Be as transparent as possible.
To summarize: Organizations must continually adapt in order to survive. To create change navigators, communicate the threat (of not changing), involve the team, minimize uncertainty, celebrate positive shifts and be as transparent as possible.
Sharing & copyright information
This resource is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License. It may be freely used and shared for commercial & non-commercial purposes provided it remains attributed to Better Business Learning Pty Ltd (trading as ‘Change Activation’), is not modified or displayed in part, and is not re-sold. For further information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.